Passenger Behaviour Rules
Air Astana Policy
Air Astana’s policy regarding unacceptable passenger behaviour states that:
- All unacceptable behaviour will result in consequences;
- Staff members have authority to prevent and stop unacceptable passenger behaviour;
- Unacceptable behaviour will be reported to the relevant authorities and Air Astana will render maximum assistance to them in prosecuting passengers for any criminal offences;
- Air Astana will institute legal action in the interests of flight safety and to protect company staff and equipment should the results from the above measures be considered inadequate.
Offences by an Air Astana passenger that are considered unacceptable include:
- Putting the aircraft, or any person on it, in danger;
- Threatening, abusing or insulting the crew or other passengers;
- Deliberately interfering with the crew in carrying out their duties;
- Failing to obey the instructions of the crew relating to safety or security;
- Failing to obey the seatbelt sign and Air Astana’s policy banning smoking onboard;
- Committing a criminal offence;
- Consuming alcoholic drinks, including those acquired in duty free shops and excluding those offered onboard the aircraft as a standard service;
- Failing to obey the crew’s instructions relating to drink limitations;
- Using electronic devices and means of communication during taxiing, take-off and landing;Making a hoax bomb or other security threat;
- Behaving in a way which causes discomfort and inconvenience to the crew or other passengers;
- Damaging airline property and/or removing it from the aircraft.
Air Astana may take any measures to prevent continued unacceptable behaviour by a passenger, including:
- Refusing to allow the passenger to continue on remaining legs of the journey;
- Handing the passenger over to the relevant authorities with a possibility of prosecution for any criminal offences the passenger might have committed according to the laws of the destination country.
Diversion Costs Caused by Unacceptable Behaviour
If, as a result of a passenger’s unacceptable behaviour, the crew diverts the aircraft to an unscheduled destination, the passenger is obliged to pay us the reasonable and proper costs of the diversion. If the passenger refuses to pay the costs of the diversion, Air Astana reserves the right to go to court to recover the cost of the damages.