Safety starts at home
YOU ARE FORBIDDEN TO CARRY ANY DANGEROUS GOODS SUCH AS:
- Compressed gases (incl. aerosols)
Substances with a high oxygen content, e.g. peroxides and bleaching powder
Magnetic, harmful or malodorous substances and irritants
Please be aware that personal small motorized vehicles, lithium battery-powered such as:
- and others similar to all listed above devices
are completely FORBIDDEN to be carried by passengers in ALL KINDS OF BAGGAGE onboard of Air Astana aircrafts.
* Ammunition for sporting purposes may only be carried with the airline's permission.
It is forbidden to carry firearms, replicas of weapons, daggers, flick knives and other offensive looking articles on your person or in hand baggage.
It is also forbidden to use electrical devices which could interfere with the aircraft's radio and navigation equipment, e.g. radios and mobile telephones.
Please find below important information about transportation of spare lithium batteries for portable electronic devices – watches, calculating machines, cameras, cellular phones, lap-top computers, medical devices, etc., which are carried by passengers for personal use:
1. Spare lithium batteries (including lithium ion and lithium metal batteries) are allowed in carry-on (hand) baggage only.
2. Each installed or spare batteries must meet requirements: for lithium metal batteries, a lithium content of not more than 2 g; or for lithium ion batteries, a watt-hour rating of not more than 100 Wh.
NOTE: Air Astana approval is NOT required to transport portable electronic devices with batteries installed or spare batteries, meeting criteria for batteries, stated in this paragraph.
3. Spare lithium batteries in hand baggage must be individually protected to prevent short circuits by placement in the original retail packaging or by otherwise insulating terminals, e.g. by taping over exposed terminals or placing each battery in a separate plastic bag or protective pouch.
NOTE: For portable electronic devices (including medical electronic devices) with batteries installed or spare batteries, having criteria for lithium metal: from 2 to 8 g of lithium content; for lithium ion: from 100 to 160 Wh watt-hour rating, Air Astana approval is required prior to take onboard aircraft. Portable electronic devices with batteries installed or spare batteries, having criteria above stated in this paragraph limits IS FORBIDDEN TO BE CARRIED AS A PASSENGER BAGGAGE. When electronic portable devices with batteries are being transported in checked baggage, it is NECESSARY to take measures to prevent their spontaneous activation.
With this ticket, you are ready to depart to the airport. Before you lock your suitcase, make a final check of the contents and ensure that you and others have a safe flight. Your safety starts… when you pack.