Enjoy 72-hour Visa-Free Regime in Kazakhstan
Effective from 23 April 2018 till 31 December 2019 inclusive, citizens of the Republic of India, flying with Air Astana and transiting via international airports in Astana and Almaty to a third country or returning from a third country, can enjoy a 72-hour transit visa-free regime. The 72-hour transit visa-free regime is generally applicable to both individual passengers and tour groups.
It's your unique chance to discover 2 countries in one go. You can book your entire itinerary using our search tool. We’ll find the best itinerary for you easily and quickly.
On top of that, Air Astana’s Stopover packages starting from as low as $1 a night will offer you a wide and flexible choice of ground arrangements.
There are just a few things that would help you ensure smooth 72-hour visa-free transit in Kazakhstan:
1. Let the Air Astana staff at the airport check-in desk in your departure city know that you plan to enjoy the visa-free transit.
2. If you plan to stay in Astana or Almaty, book a hotel in advance and be ready to provide the name of the hotel where you are staying and its address information if required.
3. To obtain a migration card make sure you have:
- A valid air ticket or boarding pass to a third country where you are planning to go within 72 hours.
- A boarding pass receipt of the previous flight.
- A valid passport with at least one blank page in it and a visa for the final destination country (if the country requires a visa).
4. Please note that any passenger found violating the rules of this regime shall entail a fine or administrative expulsion from the Republic of Kazakhstan. Hence we request you to go through the information provided, strictly abide by the rules of this regime and ensure that your itinerary conforms to the deadlines provided under the regime.
Should you be planning a longer stay in Kazakhstan during your next visit, you can now apply for an electronic visa.