The attention of visitors to Kazakhstan is drawn to the
following visa requirements:
1. Citizens of Georgia* and the countries of the Commonwealth
of Independent States (CIS), namely Azerbaijan,
Armenia*, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Moldovia*, Russia, Tajikistan,
Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Ukraine*,
do not need an entry visa to Kazakhstan.
* Entry without a visa is restricted to 90 days. With effect from 15 July 2014, nationals of the U.S., UK, Germany, France, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Korea and Japan do not need a visa to enter Kazakhstan, for a visit for up to 15 days, between July 15, 2014 to July 15, 2015.
2. All other foreign citizens will need to
obtain an entry visa to Kazakhstan.
3. There are several types of entry visas,
4. For most entry visas, your passport should
remain valid for at least six (6) months after your planned departure date.
Once approved, the issued visa will normally be glued into your passport.
5. Each application for a visa will need to be
supported by a letter of invitation.
6. For citizens
of certain countries, a letter of invitation is not required for single-entry
official, private, business and tourist visas.
7. For multiple-entry business and tourist
visas, a Permit from the Migration Police of the Ministry of Internal Affairs
is also required, if the inviting body is a non-governmental organization.
8. Application for an entry visa should be made
to the Kazakhstan
diplomatic or consular office in the country of your residence. You can find a
list of all Kazakhstan
diplomatic offices in the Travel Information/Diplomatic
Missions section of
9. When applying for your visa, you will need
The consul may determine on the spot if other
documents are required.
10. Fees are payable for all visas, with the
exception of Diplomatic Visas.
* It is recommended that you visit the
following website for detailed and updated information: www.mfa.kz.
Best Airline Central Asia and India
Makes your journey a world class experience